The Crusoe-Holifield Practical Nursing Program is designed to prepare students for successful passage of the NCLEX-PN and future employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Clinical experiences are included as an integral part of this program. The program is approved by the Florida State Board of Nursing. Applications will be available for our Fall 2015 classes soon.
August 2015 (Day Program)
Day program: Three semesters
Day program (30 hrs/wk):
- Classroom:M-Th, 8am-4pm
- Clinical: 7.5 hours between 6:45am and 11:15pm 1 – 4 days a week
- Externship: 30 hrs/wk – variable
Lively Technical Center
Health Education Department, Building 15
500 North Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32304
Clinical Locations – Various
Externship Locations – Various
Applicants seeking admission to the Practical Nursing Program must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete application to the Lively Health Education Department.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Provide three references.
- Attend a General Information Program Session.
- Provide proof of current immunizations, including the Hepatitis B series, MMRx2, Varicella, and Tetanus. An annual PPD (tuberculin skin test) is required.
- Keep their CPR for Healthcare Providers (BLS) certification current for the duration of the program. Online CPR training is not accepted. CPR will be taught to all students during the first course of the program.
- Be able to pass random drug screenings during the length of the program. Students with positive drug screen results will not continue in the program.
- Pass a Level 2 criminal background screening prior to enrollment, at the student’s expense. In order to participate in the mandatory clinical practicum, as well as to obtain licensure, students must have a clear background.
Applicants must successfully complete all of the required criteria and have all relevant documentation on file with the Lively Technical Center (LTC) Health Education Department, by the specific date on the application. Meeting the criteria for selection does not guarantee admission to the Crusoe-Holifield Practical Nursing program. Final selection will be based on the qualified applicant pool and space available.